Dr. Collin E. Pehde
Diplomate, American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery
Board Certified Foot (Podiatric) Surgeon
Board Certified Reconstructive Rearfoot and Ankle Surgeon
Fellow of the American College of Foot & Ankle Surgeons
Dr. Pehde (pronounced “payday”) relocated to Houston, Texas in 2015 after practicing in Des Moines, Iowa for 9 years.
He was an Assistant Professor of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery at Des Moines University for 5 years and then transitioned into private practice.
From simple sprains and strains to chronic pain and trauma, Dr. Pehde has been trained in the latest surgical and non-surgical techniques.
His passion is treating the diabetic foot and its related conditions and complications.
Dr. Pehde has experience and training in advanced wound management including surgical soft tissue reconstruction and advanced non-surgical techniques including negative pressure wound therapy and synthetic skin equivalent utilization.
Furthermore, Dr. Pehde has experience in external fixation (The Illizarov Technique) for management of complex foot and ankle deformity, offloading wounds and management of complex trauma and Charcot Deformity.
- Medical: Des Moines University Osteopathic Medical Center, College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery, Des Moines, IA
- Podiatric Medicine Residency: The Western Pennsylvania Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA
- Podiatric Surgery Residency: Harris County Podiatric Surgical Residency Program, Houston, TX
- Advanced Limb Deformity Internship: Sinai Hospital-Rubin Institute for Advanced Orthopedics, Baltimore, MD
- American Podiatric Medical Association
- Texas Podiatric Medical Association
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
Dr. Pehde has lectured across the country on the following topics:
- Care of Diabetic Foot Complications
- Advance Flap Closure for Complicated Foot and Ankle Wounds
- External Fixator Application for Complex Diabetic Foot Trauma
- External Fixator Application for Charcot Arthropathy